Friday, December 2, 2011

Bathtub is the new sink

It appears I've hit rock bottom. My dishwasher is leaking, therefore I cannot use it unless I'd like a pond on my kitchen floor. Generally this wouldn't be a major blow to my style, but right now, it is. I have about, oh, 2 full dishwashers worth of dishes, most of it caked on so hard that not even my highly toned biceps can cut through it. But my sinks aren't very big. In an effort to procrastinate studying for my exams as long as possible, I decided to tackle the mess head on. Since the sun now goes down before 5 pm, I go into hibernation mode around 4:41 and stay in said mode until about 11 am the next day, schedule permitting. So I dragged my lazy ass into the kitchen to take a looksie at this stupidly large task in front of me. This week I made two soups, and two apple crisps, and had several sandwiches and plates that allowed me to eat lots of low fat sour cream. Needless to say, the dishes are mounting. I'm capable of doing a rational amount of dishes, but having about 55 different dishes was a task I was unwilling to perform. My solution: Bathtub.

That's right. All my dishes are in the tub with an ample amount of Seventh Generation eco-friendly suds. I thought this was a brilliant idea when it first popped into my head. As I filled the tub with cruddy dishes, I realized a few things:

1. The crud on my dishes is going to clog my drain.
2. My drain is already clogged because I despise cleaning it, and I have long hair. There's really nothing grosser to me in the domestic world than removing hair from a drain. I can handle bodily fluids and weird smells in the hospital setting, but not in my bathroom.
3. My bathtub is dirty, which inherently means my dishes will remain dirty.
4. Now that I've realized my tub is dirty, I now have to let all the dishes soak in there, then re-wash them once I'm satisfied that the crud is off of them, and is stuck in my drain.
5. I have reached the epitome of laziness.
6. I still have a leaky dishwasher.
7. I wanna grow up to be like Betty White, but maybe a black version of her.

2 days later:

So my contractor came to the house to check out what was wrong with the dishwasher. Suddenly, while he's here, it works. No leaks. Yippy. It turns out that putting the dishes in the tub has served no purpose, other than to use it as a holding spot until the dishwasher works again. I had planned on doing them myself, but I have final exams and also a few hangovers, and the lazy factor has spiked. So the dishes, which have been in my tub for 3 days, will be magically cleaned by the loud box in the kitchen, and the only real work I have to do is schlep them from the tub to the big noisy box.

Here is the a photo journal of "Dishes in the Tub"

Dirty Dishes waiting for tub

More dirty

Solution after deep thoughts

An hour later

A day later

2 days later

And the dishwasher now works, and my dishes are still in the tub. The end. 




This is where I decided to get undressed last night.



This is a video of my really beautiful Meatball looking really ugly. Also, my favorite woman in the world's voice is in the background. All hail Elaine Benes. Wait, my mom is my favorite woman in the world. Elaine's number 2.



This is my cat. Her name is Little Dude. She likes studying Traumatic Brain Injuries, (TBI) as much as I do. More like TMI. She also likes awkward nap positions






This is my other cat. His name is Zion. He's a philosopher.





This is the best tattoo I've ever seen.



These are instructions my school has put in each bathroom stall above the toilet at the gym. Totally necessary.



This is my car.


This is a photograph of a photograph of a girl my best friends and I call "Vanilla Cupcake". This one's for you V and A.


2 comments: